Recently I’ve read some articles which discussed the possibility of printed books becoming obsolete due to the technological move to ebooks. I personally hope this never happens.
Having a Kindle is pretty awesome and there are many benefits to having one.Some of the benefits of a Kindle or the like are:
1) You have access to books 24/7.
2) If you are in the mood for a certain book it is only one click away.
3) You don’t have to leave the house to find your next book.
4) You can get loads of free books or reduced cost books.
5) Ebooks don’t take up space in your home.
I’m sure I can list many other benefits to having a Kindle or other like device. However, for me, nothing beats a nice hardcover book.
There are many benefits to having hardcover books as well. Some of these benefits are:
1) You get to feel the crisp pages as you turn them.
2) The new book smell of a hardcover is irreplaceable.
3) You can see the books on your shelves in a glance.
4) You can see more details in the book cover.
5) Hardcover books are durable.
I hope publishers continue to print hardcovers books. I find it hard to believe these could become obsolete in the future and pray that they don’t.
What is your preferred reading format? What are your thoughts of the future of hardcover books?