Here are some of my book confessions of what I do, do not do, have and have not done.
- I don’t read books with cancer in them. I can’t do it if I know that’s what the book is about or that it’s in there, I’m not touching the book no matter how good it is.
- Lisa and I left a book panel at Comic Con to go get a free book. It was Golden Lily by Richelle Mead.
- I felt like throwing up when I met Charlaine Harris.
- Once I see a movie that’s based on a book, I can’t read the book after that if I didn’t read it before.
- I used to write down books I wanted to read on a post it note. That wouldn’t work now. My walls would be covered with post it’s.
- I laugh out loud when there is a funny part in a book. I don’t care where I’m at. On a flight from Vegas to Denver I was reading and there was funny part and I started laughing, the guy next to me looked at me like I was crazy.
- I read all four Twilight books in five days. My children had cereal for dinner until I was done with the books. *Mom of the Year right here*
- I don’t read in the bathtub. The book wouldn’t make it out alive after a kid found out I was in there having quiet time.
I made my almost nine year old (At the time) read The Hunger Games. He wanted to see the movie and I didn’t want to answer a million questions in the theater. So he read them and loved them! In fact he’s rereading them again as I type this.
- I love when I see my kids’ names in books I’m reading. They aren’t every day names so when I see them in a book I get excited.
- My maiden name was in a book and I took a picture of it posted it on Facebook and tagged all my family members. Again it’s not a name you see everyday.
If Las Vegas is in a book I judge it on how accurate the locations are in there.
- I read The Lucky One just because my BFF wanted to see the movie and she didn’t have anyone to see it with. I read the book to see the movie so we could talk about it. It was pretty good for not having any vampires in it.
- I don’t read the overview on books before I buy/read them. I find it is misleading and I’m waiting for something that never happens.
- I always finish books once I start them. I’ve only stopped reading two books because I could no longer torture myself anymore.
- Once I buy a book in book form or on my kindle I buy the rest of the series that way. I don’t want mismatched stuff on my book shelf.
I’m mostly a reader on my Kindle.
- The most I have paid for a book was $40.
- I read in line at the grocery store using the kindle app on my phone.
- I read every day. Even if it’s a couple pages. I make sure I read something for the day.
- When Lisa and I went to LA in November I thought we were going to have a lot of downtime to read so I brought four books and my kindle with me. I only read 10 pages maybe that week we were there. Lameness.
I buy a book based on its cover if it wasn’t recommended to me by a friend.
- What are some of your confessions?